6.13.2008

Adil...a story of a human being

Very powerful. - Ed.

It has been about a week since I notice this young man; he is always there, I see him on my way to work, when we go for shopping…I noticed him from a far distance, I never came close to him…he was always there, day and night sitting between the electricity cabinet and the garbage container in a fetus position on stacked pile of blankets resting his head on his arms…At the first day I saw him I though he is a worker or a garbage collector and he is sitting here to have a rest…but as I saw him several times later I knew there must something wrong, I thought he might be either insane or alcoholic or he might be an informer! Because the former regiment used to have many informers like this…he never moves, I never saw him moving any part of his body until two days ago when I was back from shopping I passed by him and I noticed two cats sitting besides him…he seemed so innocent as he was playing with that dirty yellow cat, he looked calm and peaceful and that's when I felt he isn't insane, an informer or alcoholic he is just an extremely poor young man who must have experienced terrible things.

Read full story