12.22.2008

Charles Hugh Smith: Triage and Solutions

The solution to our present problems is triage: understand the context of the problems, prioritize what can be saved, live within our means and strip away all the perverse incentives, borrowing and financial legerdemain which currently dominate our economy, government and society.

Reader Jeff C. made an excellent suggestion: focus on solutions, not just the problems:

I really appreciate how you point out all of the problems with the current economic system and the possible future problems it has/will create. In addition, I think that most of your ideas are valid and very reasonable. However, I would respectfully request that you do more to be a solutions-based website.


Read more


And even more here:

I continue to be delighted by the in-depth commentaries submitted by readers of this site. Here are two which comprehensively address the choices I addressed in "Triage." Such critiques help clarify my own thinking and point out what ideas I did a poor job of communicating.

Read more



No comments: