4.20.2009

My truth

"I entirely predicted this, although I must admit I don't think I ever stated as such. But the fact that I know within my heart that I was right about this, as about so much else, confirms for me that I really do have a handle on these scum. I know what they will do next. I know who they will target. I know who is working for truth and decency, and who isn't. I know the good guys from the bad guys."

When re-reading this earlier paragraph of mine, I winced slightly. I sound ridiculously arrogant and dogmatic, and I considered removing this paragraph or toning it down unless it should present me as somehow dishonest, or simply writing this blog for self ego flagellation purposes.

But on careful reflection, I decided to leave it in. I still think it doesn't read very well, but I'm not sure I have a better way to put it. The simple fact is that, for whatever reason, be it that I spend many hours pursuing this subject, or because I have spent my entire life pondering issues that were once irrelevant to most people and of no wider interest, but are now crucial to us all, I am somehow plugged in to what is transpiring in the world, and have been for many years.

Read more @ suraci

No comments: