9.04.2009

trucks carrying nuclear weapons around the country revealed

prequel by cryptogon:

I was nearly killed by U.S. Marines when I worked for FedEx in the 1990s. I was attempting to make a delivery to the part of a Marine Corps Air Station that, I later found out, housed nuclear weapons. Hint: If you’re ever trying to deliver a package on a military base and you see this sign, believe me, they’re not kidding about the, “Use of deadly force” part.

I went around a corner and saw a bunch of sandbags and razor wire. Perhaps four or six marines scrambled around and pulled the charging handles on their M16 rifles. Once locked and loaded, they aimed their weapons at me. As I slammed on the breaks, I thought, “Oh shit, I’m dead.” I particularly remember looking at an unblinking blue eye in a rifle scope that was aimed at my head. The person in charge held his rifle in one hand and a bullhorn in the other.

Seconds passed. The engine idled. They didn’t say anything to me. They just aimed their weapons at my head. I put my hands out the window and yelled, “What do you want me to do?”

read more @ cryptogon

The idea of nuclear weapons being carted around in our highways, cities and neighborhoods doesn't really put one's mind at ease. However, the government has been transporting seriously dangerous stuff like enriched uranium and plutonium secretly without public warning. Friends of the Earth through the Freedom of Information Act has forced the Department Of Energy to release color photos of the trucks used to transport weapons. According to FOE, these are the first of such pictures that have been released in many years.

read more @ huffington post


No comments: