10.29.2008

Now I'm Pissed

They say there are five stages of grief; Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.

I'm over the denial stage. At first I couldn't believe that this country could have gone the way it has. Loss of rights, loss of jobs, willful destruction of the economy to benefit the few, people losing their homes and life savings and turned out on the streets to survive, the list goes on.

I've moved on to anger. I'm angry that our elected representatives have forgotten that they are supposed to represent us. We were lied into an illegal war where (at least) 4000 of our best and brightest lost their lives and the ones that survive will never be the same. I'm angry that basic rights such as habeus corpus and posse comitatus have been thrown out the window and torture is an accepted practice.

Read full story