12.31.2008

Israel - My experiences there, in the summer of 1989 (!!)

Posted to Joe Cortina's blog December 10, 2006

My name is Joe Cortina. I am a retired Florida businessman who has done substantial world traveling - some purely as a ‘tourist’ and some in areas -shall I say- ‘nothing to do with vacationing’. I am a former special operations officer and have done intelligence investigator work for over 15years - some of it overseas - mostly in Central America - but also in the Mid-East. My political posture is ‘conservative’ and my religious values are Christian.

Exposing lies and revealing the truth was what I did professionally for a long time.

I have hunted REAL terrorists in jungles with Salvadorian Rangers and Marines - so I am not a stranger to dangerous environments and am familiar with basic protocols of civilized conduct regarding civilians and the military - something that the Israelis do not consider applicable to them.

For anyone wishing to challenge my credibility - I am willing to show credentials. I have a flawless civic record, an honorable military record and have never committed a crime nor ever been accused of such. I am mentioned as my father’s son in the registry - ‘PIONEER FLORIDA’. My grandfather was a pioneer in Florida in the most literal sense, and my father was a respected businessman and foreign diplomat.

I was invited to Israel by a former military comrade who attained a substantial rank and subsequently ended up as the ranking military attache’ from our govt., to the Israeli military (IDF). I went places and saw things only a hand full of ‘private sector’ Americans will EVER experience. My ’specially authorized’ trips included Gaza City, Hebron and areas of militarily protected Israeli ’settlements’. I will touch on only a few of what I considered the most revealing experiences. I can’t stress this enough. What I write here is but a tear in a sea of misery that I witnessed.

Read more


No comments: