12.08.2008

Angry Laid Off Workers Occupy Factory, Get Obama's Support

On Sunday, the third day of sit-in protests by workers at Chicago's Republic Windows and Doors, spirits were lifted among the desperate activists by a reassurance from none other than the President-elect.

“When it comes to the situation here in Chicago with the workers who are asking for their benefits and payments they have earned, I think they are absolutely right,” said Obama during a Sunday news conference, as reported by the Chicago Sun-Times. “What’s happening to them is reflective of what’s happening across this economy.

Read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to hear Obama voice his support of these workers. I hope they get every bit of what they're owed and I hope the owners of this company get properly disciplined or fined. When I first heard this story I could not understand that they thought they could even get away with this - but the fact is - they would have gotten away with it if these workers hadn't stood up. Kudos to all of them.

A. Peasant said...

Yes, it is good to see people begin to stand up for their rights -- and be supported!